Monday 12 October 2009

KL's latest wonder!






Anyone knows where this is ??
Hint -->
The answer!! The Rooftop, 8th floor, Lot 10 Shopping Mall, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.
How to get there - Go to Dome Cafe & entrance & take the outside lift next to it up to 8th floor and enjoy a scenic view, workout, eat, theatre, club!!
THE ACTORS STUDIO (TAS) LOT 10
I was thrilled to hear that TAS has a new home, generously provided by YTL's Tan Sri Francis Yeoh, after their sad exit from Bangsar Shopping Centre. Getting to TAS Lot10 was a bit tricky. I had assumed it to be inside the shopping complex (like at BSC), so I took the escalator & searched floor by floor to no avail. Eventually found the info counter & asked the polite staff there & he pointed me to the 'bubble' lift, outside the complex. Only later did I see large red arrows on the large green pillars pointing upwards to the Rooftop.
I arrived late because of the Dog Forum (in PJ) that morning. The show was well under way. I caught the last 3 performances - an energetic dance, the orchestra & Ramli Ibrahim/Guna dance. Ramli was also at the Dog Forum earlier to lend support. As Joe Hasham, sounding like a new 'father' introducing his new 'baby', was complementing the audience - "Without you, the audience, there will be no theatre" where his wise words! He then noticed Tan Sri Francis Yeoh, sitting quietly (just in front of me) and had to invite him up for a celebratory bow. Tan Sri jovially said - "Last nite (the gala opening of TAS Lots10) was like a dream - I just had to some & see if it's for real!"
SO GLAD I'M IN KL!

UPDATE ACTOR'S STUDIO NO LONGER AT LOT 10 - ROOFTOP
yOU CAN FIND THEM AT KuASH THEATRE, TAMAN TUN DR ISMAIL 
http://www.timeoutkl.com/performance/venues/The-Actors-Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...